Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Better Days Ahead?

I haven't been around much lately. Some of you know that I lost my mom a year and a half ago after a long illness. This has been the most difficult time of my life and some days I don't know how I get through. If it weren't for my son, I'm sure I would have given up by now! My mom was such an amazing woman and the center of our family. She made everyone she crossed paths with feel like they were the most special and amazing person that ever walked this earth. The simplest things I did she would gush over and always made me proud to be me.
Last week on what would have been my mom's 69th birthday, my Aunt (her sister) joined her in heaven. I feel like this has undone any of the healing my heart has begun since the loss of my mom. She was the closest person to my mom and always her friend and confidante. Her three daughters, my cousins that I grew up with and are like sisters to me, are devastated and heartbroken, much like my sister's have been for the past year and a half. My heart aches for them and the long road they have ahead of them.
My family has endured a lot of hard times and suffering in the recent past. But we also still have eachother and our amazing children to get us through! I only hope that life settles down now and we are able to enjoy the little ones and the upcoming spring and summer seasons.
I am hopeful now as well that I can get back to some sort of normal routine in my life, for the sake of my son and my own sanity!
On another note, thanks again to everyone for your caring comments and emails in regards to my sister. We are still waiting for some more biopsy results but the doctor's are very positive that she is going to be fine. Good news that she desperately needed to hear!

3 comments:

Junie said...

Hey Sweetie
WONDERFUL to have you back !!!! Oh how proud your Mum and Aunt would be of you all, but my friend your Mum would not want you to be sad forever, she would want you to move on and remember her that the special person that she was !!! You have to be strong for your SON! Be grateful for having had such a wonderful Mum and Aunt, some people in life are not that lucky !!! Always here if you need a shoulder - SENDING YOU HUGS

Allies Creative Designs said...

Hi,
Yes, It's wonderful to have you back, I've been wondering about you. Sending love, prayers and positive thoughts your way. You're very lucky to have a Mother and Aunt in your life that are so special. REmember all the funny and special things in your life with them. They are still with you everyday!! Hugs Hugs

Dettao said...

I am so sorry to hear about what a sad time you have been having. I understand the loss of a parent. Been there, too. Rejoice in the living, though, sweetie. Remember the happy times. I just finished your circle journal and sent it on to Crystal. Great subject. We miss you at MS. Come back and play with us again. Hugs to you.