Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Night Challenge


FINALLY!!!! I stopped thinking about it and just did it! It's been so long since I participated in the Saturday Night Challenge at the Scrapbook Cafe! But I was inspired by my Copics Class last night at One Little Spark, and I couldn't wait to play with my markers :) Be gentle with your thoughts, I am a BRAND NEW Copics user and I know I need a lot of practice. I also decided to incorporate another challenge into this card. So, I used Saturday Sketch mytimess22 from Lauren Meader's blog to design this card.
I love this image by Penny Black so I used it as my first ever Copics card :) I was going for the blotchy look on the elephant's cheek, so despite what it may look like that was NOT a mistake that was the look I was going for....LOL! Pat's challenge this week was to make a card using a shaped border, so I used my Stampin Up scallop border and my Martha Stewart picket fence border.
I can't wait to practice some more with my Copics markers :) Thanks for looking and Happy Saturday everyone!

3 comments:

Allies Creative Designs said...

Great job. I really really love this card.

Joey said...

Hi, your card is fabulous, I love your colouring great image. joey.xx

Anonymous said...

Nora Anne, this card is just absolutely beautiful! You are very talented at making cards!