Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

What Happened To Fall?!


It was here and now it's gone! I love the smell, the feel, the yummy chill in the air! I love sweaters, jeans and hoodies. But the prospect of a long, dreary winter sometimes puts a damper on all of that. Today was a HOT beautiful sunny day and I spent it at my friends house swimming in the pool, drinking beer, and watching the kids run and enjoy the sunshine and the feeling of the grass between their toes. It kind of made me sad that the summer is ending and I didn't take advantage of it. Summer was sad for me this year, it reminded me of the end of my mom's illness last year and the horrible agony of losing her. I had some fun and I tried to be motivated to get to the beach and the park, if only for the sake of my son. But, mostly I hibernated whenever I let myself get away with it. And now I feel like I want that time back. I know she wouldn't want me to feel this way and I don't want my son to suffer for my sadness.

But, I know you can't turn back time.

Here is a layout I did this morning to welcome Fall and say goodbye to my sad summer and hope for happier times ahead.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Aww, it sounds like you at least 'ended' the summer on a good note. Sorry to hear it was tough! Here's to a better fall! Lovely lovely LO. I'm so excited for cooler weather to!

Jen Martakis said...

Aww, NoraAnne, here's (lifting my glass of Pepsi, lol) to a happier place for you. I know the pain of and grief of losing of parent. (((Hugs))) to you.

Hello! said...

Hello, NoraAnne, thank you very much for your kind comment about my owls. I just added your blog to my list. I hope you find the fall season be a wonderful one. :)